IUB 24/7 for Telecommunications Companies
As of November 2020, all telecommunications companies are required to complete and maintain their company profile using the company/contact web application IUB 24/7.
For companies that are required to register under Iowa Code 476.95A, the IUB 24/7 company record serves as the annual telecommunications registration in compliance with 476.95A. This registration also authorizes a company to obtain telephone numbers, interconnect with other providers of telecommunications service, cross railroad rights-of-way in accordance with Iowa Code 476.27, and provide telecommunications service in Iowa.
For companies that are not required to register, the IUB 24/7 company record allows the company to maintain contact information and report the Dual Party Relay Service assessment.
Review frequently asked questions about telecommunications in IUB 24/7. Once a company profile is created and submitted in IUB 24/7, it must be accepted by the IUB, which will allow access to print/download a copy of your company's registration document.
How to Sign Up or Request an IUB Company Number in IUB 24/7:
- Sign up as a user in IUB 24/7.
- Submit a Company Access Request to either receive access to an existing company with the IUB (previously assigned an IUB company number in the electronic filing system), or receive system permissions to add/create a new company number with the IUB.
- From the Companies page, create or edit your company by completing the required information in the company profile and submit your company profile to the IUB.
- When your company is Accepted, you will receive email confirmation. If you are a new company, a company number will be assigned to your company.
The following are instructions on how to access a copy of your telecommunications registration document.
To print or download a copy of your telecommunications registration* from IUB 24/7, follow these steps:
- Click on Records in the navigation bar of IUB 24/7.
- Select Companies.
- Click on the live link on the IUB Company Number or Legal Name of Organization.
- In the Company Information - General Information tab, scroll down the page to the registration section.
- Under Telecommunications Registration Document, click Generate Document.
- Select document to generate - click Generate.
- The document will then be available for download and can be saved or printed by the user. If the document has previously been generated, click on the Word icon to download.
*Company record must be in Accepted status for Proof of Registration document to be available.
Dual Party Relay Service Assessment
Telecommunications companies will now report their revenue-producing telecommunications service phone numbers for the previous calendar year within IUB 24/7, instead of via Google Forms. Please see the DPRS webpage for more information.
Utility Annual Reports
Prior to 2021, telecommunications companies submitted their TC-1 report in the electronic filing system (EFS). The telecommunications annual report for companies that are required to register under Iowa Code 476.95A is now integrated into the company record submitted in IUB 24/7. During your annual company review and registration in IUB 24/7, which must be done by April 1 of each calendar year, you will enter your annual report information into your company profile in IUB 24/7.
For IUB 24/7 questions or to submit a help ticket, please contact ITsupport@iub.iowa.gov.