Dual Party Relay Service Assessment
In 2018, the Iowa Legislature made changes to the Iowa Dual Party Relay Service (DPRS) law found in Iowa Code Chapter 477C. Section 477C.7 requires wireless carriers and wire-line local exchange carriers providing telecommunications service in the state to pay three (3) cents per month for each telecommunications service phone number provided in Iowa.
Reports and payments are due quarterly to the IUB. Fiscal year due dates are on or before October 31, January 31, April 30, and July 31, for the previous calendar quarter.
The IUB has created electronic forms to collect the required DPRS information and payments. In the past, wire-line telecommunications providers have been invoiced by the IUB for amounts owed. Under this new reporting and payment method, wire-line companies will no longer be invoiced. Also, wireless companies have previously submitted forms and paper checks to the IUB. Those filing and payment options are no longer available. All providers, both wire-line and wireless, will be expected to submit timely quarterly reports and payments via the new electronic method.
If you are unsure whether your company has already filed a report with the IUB, please call (515) 725-7300 prior to filing.
NOTE: If your company is experiencing difficulty completing the assessment due to circumstances surrounding COVID-19, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to make alternative arrangements.
For additional information on payments, filing, reporting and more, read the Dual Party Relay FAQs.
REPORT FORMS - Please be sure to select the appropriate form for the quarter you are reporting:
To report for a prior period/fiscal year, please send an email to email@example.com and a link to the form will be provided to you. Please include in your email the reporting quarter(s) for which a form link is requested.
- Dual Party Relay Service Assessment (Apr-May-Jun 2020)
- Dual Party Relay Service Assessment (Jan-Feb-Mar 2020)
- Dual Party Relay Service Assessment (Oct-Nov-Dec 2019)
- Dual Party Relay Service Assessment (Jul-Aug-Sep 2019)
In order to complete this form, the following information is required:
- Company Contact First Name
- Company Contact Last Name
- Title of Company Contact
- Email Address (an email containing payment instructions will be sent to this email address)
- Company Number (If you don't know your 4-digit company number, visit EFS to look up your company number. If you do not have a company number, please call the IUB's customer service staff at 515.725.7300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Company Name
- Doing Business As (if applicable)
- Mailing Address
- Zip Code
- Phone Number
- Number of Wire-line Telecommunications Service Phone Numbers for Month 1
- Number of Wire-line Telecommunications Service Phone Numbers for Month 2
- Number of Wire-line Telecommunications Service Phone Numbers for Month 3
- Number of Wireless Telecommunications Service Phone Numbers for Month 1
- Number of Wireless Telecommunications Service Phone Numbers for Month 2
- Number of Wireless Telecommunications Service Phone Numbers for Month 3
Upon submitting the above information, the email address entered in the form will receive a reply email containing payment instructions. The email reply will include the total amount owed and a link that will allow for the remittance of payment electronically via U.S. Bank’s electronic payment portal. Payments will be accepted by ACH Debit (convenience fee of 29 cents will be assessed) or from debit/credit cards (convenience fee of 2.5% will be assessed). Payment by ACH Credit or E-check is NOT an option at this time.
PLEASE NOTE: If your company has a debit block on its bank account, please notify your financial institution to allow the IUB's ACH company ID numbers, 426004579Q and 426004579R, to bypass the block and debit the account.
For general questions, please call the IUB’s customer service staff at 515.725.7300 or email email@example.com.