Monthly Public Board Meeting Set for Tuesday, August 17, 2021
The IUB's monthly public meeting to discuss agency issues and help inform the public and utility industry stakeholders about various dockets and functions of the Board will begin at 9 a.m. Tuesday, August 17, 2021, in the Hearing Room at the IUB office, 1375 E. Court Ave., Des Moines.
A video livestream of the meeting will begin at 8:55 a.m.
9 a.m. Tuesday, August 17, 2021
Hearing Room, 1375 E. Court Ave., Des Moines, IA
- Call to Order
- Consent Items
- Years of Service
- John Welcher (10 years)
- Dan O'Connor (10 years)
- Action Items
- Dual Party Relay Council Appointments
- P-0833: United States Gypsum Company – Regarding Request for Waiver
- PGA-2020-0150, PGA-2020-0156, PGA-2020-0222, PGA-2020-0225: Interstate Power and Light Company, MidAmerican Energy Company, Liberty Utilities, Black Hills Energy – Regarding Carrying Charges on Polar Vortex Deferred Costs
- RPU-2021-0002, TF-2021-0044, TF-2021-0045: Black Hills Energy – Regarding Requests for Confidential Treatment and Petition to Intervene
- Discussion Items
- Rules Review
- Monthly Financials
- Litigation Update
- Customer Contribution Fund Report
- E-22445: Ledyard Windpower LLC – Petition for Electric Transmission Line Franchise in Kossuth County
- RPU-2021-0001, TF-2021-0016: MidAmerican Energy Company – Application for Gas Rider - Capital Investment Charge (CIC)
- FCU-2021-0001: Interstate Power and Light Company – Closed Session Pursuant to Iowa Code § 21.5(1)(f)(2021)
- Other Business
- Public Comments
- Adjournment: Next meeting scheduled for 9 a.m. Tuesday, September 14, 2021
The Board welcomes public comment at the end of the meeting. The public comment process requires individuals to sign up in advance on the list located on the table outside of the hearing room, and for the sign-in information to be legible, in addition to providing a full name, state of residence and contact information. Public comments cannot address contested matters (open dockets) pending before the Board.
To assure the meeting is orderly, meeting attendees are required to comply with the following:
- No signs or placards will be permitted in the hearing room and the audience is expected to remain quiet and refrain from interrupting the meeting.
- Persons attending the meeting should behave in a respectful manner that allows all comments to be heard.
- Mobile phones and other electronic devices must be turned off or set to silent mode. Persons answering phone calls must do so outside of the hearing room.
- Meeting attendees are free to come and go as they wish, provided the meeting is not disrupted.
Persons with disabilities requiring assistive services or devices to observe or participate should contact the Iowa Utilities Board at 515.725.7300 at least 24 hours in advance of the scheduled meeting to request arrangements. For more information, email email@example.com.