Telecommunications Companies Now Register Using IUB 24/7
Effective November 16, 2020, all telecommunications companies are required to complete and maintain their company profile using the company/contact web application called IUB 24/7. For companies that are required to register under Iowa Code 476.95A, the IUB 24/7 company record serves as your annual telecommunications registration in compliance with 476.95A. This registration also authorizes a company to obtain telephone numbers, interconnect with other providers of telecommunications service, cross railroad rights-of-way in accordance with Iowa Code 476.27, and provide telecommunications service in Iowa. Review frequently asked questions about telecommunications registration in IUB 24/7. Once a company profile is created and submitted in IUB 24/7, it must be accepted by the IUB, which will allow access to print/download a copy of your company's registration document.
How to Register or Request an IUB Company Number in IUB 24/7:
- Register as a user in IUB 24/7
- Submit a Company Access request to either receive access to an existing company with the IUB (previously assigned an IUB company number in the electronic filing system), or receive permission to register a new company number with the IUB.
- From the Companies page, create or Edit your company by completing the required information in the company profile and submit your company to the IUB
- When your company is Accepted, you will receive an email confirmation. If you are a new company, a company number will be assigned to your company.
The following are instructions on how to access a copy of your telecommunication registration document.
To print or download a copy of your telecommunications registration* from IUB 24/7, follow these steps:
- Click on Records in the navigation bar of IUB 24/7
- Select Companies
- Click on the live link on the IUB Company Number or Legal Name of Organization
- In the Company Information - General Information tab, scroll down the page to the registration section
- Under Telecommunications Registration Document, click on Generate Document
- Select document to generate - click on Generate
- The document will then be available for download and can be saved or printed by the user. If the document has previously been generated, click on the Word icon to download.
NOTE: company record must be in Accepted status for Proof of Registration document to be available.