IUB Business Services to Assist Customers during COVID-19 Outbreak
Iowa Utilities Board business services to assist customers during COVID-19 outbreak
(Des Moines) – As Iowa continues to grapple with changes in daily activities due to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, the Iowa Utilities Board continues to be staffed to assist the general public, utilities, stakeholders, and other industry groups with questions, utility service issues, and guidance on electronic access to IUB proceedings.
Effective March 20, 2020, the IUB building will have limited access to the public and enhanced security in order to help prevent the spread of COVID-19; however, IUB staff continues to be available by telephone and email. Regular IUB business hours are 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. weekdays. Also, IUB customer service staff will work extended hours and will be available by phone from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturdays and 1 to 4 p.m. Sundays to assist customers.
The following IUB information and instructions are available to assist you:
- The IUB will hold public meetings and other proceedings via virtual options, including video livestreaming. Parties needing to participate or present at a meeting or workshop will be asked to register in advance. See our Virtual Event Registration and Instructions webpage for more information.
- Customers who have concerns about utility service may File a Complaint about a Utility online by providing details about the issue. IUB staff will research and investigate as needed.
- Customers who wish to make comments or file an objection in an open docket may fill out the Open Docket Comment Form.
- Call IUB Customer Service for utility complaints or customer inquiries at 877.565.4450 or 515.725.7321. Call our general agency number for non-complaint-related questions at 515.725.7300
- Email for customer complaints or customer inquiries at email@example.com Email for non-complaint-related questions or comments at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For assistance with electronic filing, contact the EFS Help Desk at 515.725.7337 or email@example.com.