Order a Utility Service Area Map
The Iowa Utilities Board has the following utility-related maps available in PDF format:
- Telephone Exchange Area Map - State Level (2018)
- Telephone Exchange Area Map - County Level (all 99 counties available) (May 1999)
- Telephone Company Boundary Map - Individual Company Boundary Exchanges (800 + maps available)
- Electric Service Area Map - State Level (2013)
- Electric Service Area Map - County Level (all 99 counties available) (November 2011)
- Natural Gas Operators Service Area Map (May 2009)
- Pipeline Map - State Level (March 1999)
- 115-345 KV Electric Transmission Lines - State Level
To request a copy of any of the above maps, call IUB customer service at 515.725.7300.
In addition, a map of electric service area boundaries by county is available through the Iowa Department of Transportation website. Customers can click on a county of interest to open a PDF of that county in a separate window, and click on any utility name to bring up contact information for that utility. Customers can also review a statewide boundary map.