The Board issued an order April 6, 2018, scheduling six public comment meetings regarding Alliant Energy-IPL’s planned filing to request an increase in its natural gas rates, docket RPU-2018-0002. Written comments are now being accepted using this electronic form.
On April 2, 2018, the Board approved Alliant’s non-standard notices application and the Board noted that a separate order would be issued to provide details for the public comment meetings for Alliant to include in their customer notices regarding a proposed gas rate increase.
The Board's April 6 order sets the specific dates, times, and locations for the public meetings. These meetings provide an opportunity for Alliant customers and the general public, to express their views about a proposed natural gas rate increase and the overall quality of Alliant’s service to representatives of Alliant, to the Board Members, and to the Office of Consumer Advocate (OCA). The OCA represents the general interests of customers in all Board proceedings.
Additionally, the Board will arrange for remote participation for at least one of the customer comment meetings. Details about this remote option will be posted on the Board’s website once they are finalized.
The following public meetings are scheduled throughout Alliant’s Iowa service territory:
- Clinton - Thursday, May 17, 2018, at 5:30 p.m., in the Clinton Community College Technology Center, Room 10, 1951 Manufacturing Drive, Clinton, Iowa
- Mason City - Wednesday, June 13, 2018, at 6:00 p.m., in the Main Event Banquet Hall, 112 2nd Street Southeast, Mason City, Iowa.
- Storm Lake - Monday, June 18, 2018, at 5:30 p.m., in the King’s Pointe Ballroom, 1520 East Lakeshore Drive, Storm Lake, Iowa.
- Fairfield - Thursday, June 21, 2018, at 5:30 p.m., in the Fairfield Arts and Convention Center Expo Hall, 200 North Main Street, Fairfield, Iowa.
- Marshalltown - Tuesday, June 26, 2018, at 11:00 a.m., in the Orpheum Theatre, 220 East Main Street, Marshalltown, Iowa.
- Ames - Tuesday, June 26, 2018, at 5:30 p.m., in the Ames City Auditorium, 515 Clarke Avenue, Ames, Iowa.
The Board's April 6 order requires that Alliant include information about these public customer comment meetings in their customer notice previously approved by the Board.
Persons with disabilities requiring assistive services or devices to observe or participate in a consumer comment meeting should contact the Utilities Board at (515) 725-7300 at least five days in advance of the scheduled date of a particular comment meeting to request that appropriate arrangements be made.
All comments provided at these public meetings, or submitted in writing to the Board, will become part of the permanent record in Docket No. RPU-2018-0002.
Customers can begin providing written comments to the Board regarding this proposed rate increase, with the most effective comments being concise and making specific points supporting or objecting to the requested increase.
Comments can be filed by completing and submitting the electronic comment form, or send by email to email@example.com, or through a letter by postal mail and addressed to the Iowa Utilities Board, Chief Operations Officer, Docket No. RPU-2018-0002, 1375 E. Court Avenue, Des Moines, Iowa 50319-0069.
Alliant Energy-Interstate Power and Light Company provides natural gas service to about 220,000 customers in Iowa.