On April 3, 2017, Alliant Energy-Interstate Power & Light Company (Alliant-IPL) filed an application with the Board requesting an increase in its retail electric customer rates and charges, Docket No. RPU-2017-0001. Under Board rule 199 IAC 26.9, the Board has scheduled eight public comment meetings in Alliant-IPL's Iowa service territory. See news release.
These customer comment meetings provide Alliant-IPL customers an opportunity to express their views about the rate case and the general quality of service provided by Alliant-IPL. Customers can also use this electronic comment form to file comments in this docket.
The public customer comment meetings are scheduled as follows:
- Ottumwa - Tuesday, May 23, 2017, at 5:30 p.m., in the Bridgeview Center Conference Room, 102 Church Street. The Ottumwa venue will include an option for online participation and details about the online option will be available once they are finalized.
- Osceola - Wednesday, May 24, 2017, at 5:30 p.m., in the Clarke High School Auditorium, 800 N. Jackson Street
- Mason City - Thursday, May 25, 2017, at 5:30 p.m., in the Muse-Norris Conference Center on the North Iowa Community College Campus, 500 College Drive
- Peosta – Tuesday, May 30, 2017, at 5:30 p.m., in the Peosta Community Centre, 7896 Burds Road
- Spencer - Wednesday, May 31, 2017, at 5:30 p.m., in the Spencer Area Activity Center, 104 East 4th Street
- Cedar Rapids - Thursday, June 1, 2017, at 5:30 p.m., in the Iowa Hall, Rooms 316A and 316B on the Kirkwood Community College Campus, 6301 Kirkwood Blvd., SW
- Marshalltown - Tuesday, June 6, 2017, at 5:30 p.m., in the Orpheum Theatre on the Iowa Valley Community College Campus, 220 E. Main Street
- Fort Madison - Thursday, June 8, 2017, at 5:30 p.m., in McAleer Hall at Holy Family Parish, 415 11th Street
The Board is also accepting written comments in this rate case, with the most effective comments being concise and making specific points supporting or objecting to the rate request. Comments may be provided using the electronic comment form, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by mailing to the Iowa Utilities Board, Docket No. RPU-2017-0001, 1375 E. Court Ave., RM 69, Des Moines, Iowa 50319-0069.