Job Number: 18-00152
Closing Date: August 24, 2017
As a Clerk Advanced in the Iowa Utilities Board's (IUB) Customer Service Department, you will be the first point of contact for visitors and guests in the building. You will also coordinate front-desk activities, including distributing mail, scanning, correspondence and transferring phone calls.
This position offers the unique opportunity to learn the Iowa Utilities Board's Electronic Filing System (EFS) and requires technical aptitude, attention to detail, computer skills to process filings and critical thinking skills to follow-up with customers as needed. There will be an opportunity to take on special projects and administrative tasks as assigned. You should also be able to handle a variety of tasks with minimal supervision in a timely and effective manner, while streamlining office operations. Multitasking and stress management skills are essential for this position as well as a high level of confidentiality and professionalism.
Additional Responsibilities and Duties Include:
- Greet and welcome guests as soon as they arrive at the office in a positive and professional manner.
- Direct visitors to the appropriate personnel and/or conference room.
- Perform other clerical duties such as filing, pulling and sorting records, photocopying, and faxing.
- Possess basic computer skills and understanding of Microsoft Word Processing, Excel and Adobe software.
- Proofread filings and documents, be able to recognize and troubleshoot filings with errors in standard process and communicate effectively with outside parties and internal staff.
- Displays a high level of initiative, effort, attention to detail and commitment by completing assignments efficiently with minimal supervision.
- Follows policy, cooperates with supervisors and aligns behavior with the goals of the organization.
- Fosters and facilitates cooperation, pride, trust, group identity and team spirit throughout the organization.
This is a unique opportunity to grow with a vital state agency that makes a difference in the everyday lives of Iowans. The successful candidate will work in the IUB – OCA LEED Platinum certified building. There will be a learning period, working closely with the tenured team members, who will coach and mentor while your knowledge base is built.
The successful candidate with have ample opportunity to contribute to and grow with the agency. The individual will maintain a friendly and courteous level of conduct at all times when dealing with the general public and internal staff, so that the image of the department is positive. Successful candidates must be able to pass a background check.
Minimum Qualification Requirements
Applicants must meet at least one of the following minimum requirements to qualify for positions in this job classification:
- Experience equal to one year of full-time clerical office or closely related work.
- A total of one year of education and/or experience (as described in number one), where one month of accredited post-high school course work in a secretarial, business, or closely related program equals one month of full-time experience.
- A total of one year of education and/or experience (as described in number one), where 30 semester hours of accredited college or university course work in any field equals one year of full-time experience.
- A total of one year of education and/or experience (as described in numbers one through three), where certification from the state of Iowa Administrative Assistant Certificate Program equals six months of full-time experience.
- Current, continuous experience in the state executive branch that includes the equivalent of six months of full-time work as a Clerk.
For more information or to apply, please click on the link above to be redirected.
For more information about employment opportunities with the state of Iowa or to download a PDF version of the job application form, please visit the the State of Iowa Career pages.