In 2007, the Iowa Legislature enacted legislation that authorized the Board to issue certificates of franchise authority to cable and video service providers. The Board's rules regarding the certificates went into effect on December 26, 2007, and the Board has been issuing certificates since early 2008. Use the links below to access the Board's rules about certificates of franchise authority; instructions and forms; and a directory of the names and service areas of cable and video service providers that have received certificates from the Board. The directory is an Excel spreadsheet with providers sorted by the type of service provided as indicated in the provider's application. Use the tabs at the bottom of the spreadsheet to find cable, video, or cable/video service providers.
- 199 Iowa Administrative Code 44, "Certificates of Franchise Authority for Cable and Video Service"
- Instructions for Completing Application and Notice Forms for Certificates of Franchise Authority (revised June 2011)
- Initial Application for Certificates of Franchise Authority (revised June 2011)
- Notice of Service Area Revision, Transfer or Termination of Certificate of Franchise Authority (revised June 2011)
- Directory of Cable and Video Service Providers